Hallmans Service Station
Quality Products and friendly service



Have a question? need help with your automotive project? We at Hallman's Service Station take pride in not only offering quality repair services, but we will gladly assist you with your service or vehicle questions. Feel free to contact any one of our departments listed on the right side menu.

Q.How often should I get my oil changed?
A .Between 3,000 to 3,500 miles is the recommended mileage. However you should refer to your owner's manual for the manufactures recommendation.

Q.What can I do to save on fuel costs?
A. Some of the most cost effect methods for increasing gas mileage is to check your tire preasure and air filters regulary. These are relevantively easy procedures and can be done by you.

Q. How often should my car be tuned up?
A. Filters should be changed atleast once a year or every 15,000 miles. Newer vehicles today are generally using 100,000 mileage spark plugs. On vehicles manufactured before 1996 should be changed atleast every 30,000 miles.

Q. When should I change the belts and hoses?
A. Belts and hoses should be checked atleast once a year preferably in the fall or spring. During a hose change is a good oppurtunity to have the thermostat replaced.

Q. How often should my tires be rotated
A. On front and rear wheel drive vehicles the recommended mileage is between 10,000 and 12,000 miles. On four wheel drive vehicles the tires should be rotated between  8,000 and 10,000 miles for maximum tire life.

Q. What should be included in a complete brake job
A. Front and rear disc brakes, rotors should be cut, repack bearings if applicable, install quality shoes recommended by manufacture "raybestos". Vehicles are inspected for cracked brake hoses and replaced as needed. On vehicles equiped with rear drum brakes, Recut brake drums or replace as needed. Replace wheel cylinders and spring kit on high mileage vehicles.

Q. Do I have to go to a dealership for regulary scheduled maintenence.
A. No you do not have to return to a dealership for regular maintenence. Your local authorized service center can perform the service on your vehicle and provide you with a receipt that shows car, make and mileage.









  HOME        Accessories        About Us         Products        Contact Us        Help

Copyright 2006 www.hallmansservice.com